Construction Project Manager Position Summary:
The Construction Project Manager plays an integral role ensuring project schedules, costs, documentation, communication, and quality standards are met. Under the direction of the Director of Plumbing Services and the Technical Services Project Manager, the Construction Manager creates all deliverables and milestones from projects ranging up to $1M while holding themselves and others accountable through project completion.
Required Experience for Construction Project Manager:
- HS Diploma.
- 3 years of related Project Management experience.
- Proficient in leading/managing 10 + field employees and multiple projects.
- Proficient in managing/controlling labor hours, material and equipment procurement, and meeting project schedules/deadlines.
- Experience managing up projects with budgets up to or exceeding $1M.
- Proficient knowledge base of mechanical and plumbing installation methods as well as safety procedures and related tools and equipment.
- Proficient in software tools – Outlook, MS Word, Excel, MS Project and overall communication.
- Ability to instill trust in employees, clients and professional relationships and make confident decisions in unclear situations.
Primary Responsibilities for Construction Project Manager:
- Manage/Coordinate all aspects of construction process.
- Develop overall project schedule and milestones, ensuring all deliverables are met within the agreed upon timeframes.
- Problem-solve and remove obstacles which interfere with hitting project milestones.
- Prepare meeting agendas and lead all meetings with project staff.
- Oversee, direct, and manage the performance of field employees and sub-contractors.
- Create labor schedules and manage labor hours.
- Drive work and engagement with engineers and architects.
- Maintain relationships with vendors and clients.
- Negotiate contract terms and SLAs with vendors.
- Ensure all project reports showing GM% and completed and distributed in a timely manner.
- Track budget, ensuring projects come in under or at approved budgeted amounts.
- Drive efficiency and cost savings on labor and materials (short term and long term) resulting in increased gross profit.
- Manage material and equipment purchasing and RFIs.
- Review and approve invoices.