Regional Director Facility Management Position Summary:
The Regional Director Facility Management will serve as the leader of a specified region of communities with the American House Senior Living portfolio. The successful candidate will play an integral role on a team of professionals who maintain or increase occupancy, increase revenue, and decrease operational expenses through the superior delivery of facility maintenance, risk management, housekeeping, and grounds services.
Qualifications and Required Experience for Regional Director Facility Management:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Facility Management in a portfolio environment; Senior Living experience a plus.
- Experience leading and managing 10+ team members across multiple properties in the Facility Management field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Facilities Management, Business, or related fields is desired. Appropriate experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Understanding of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) or TELs system is desired.
- Drives results – consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Plans and aligns – planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Instills trust – Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Communicates effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understand of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Decision quality – making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Ensures accountability – holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Optimizes work processes – knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Manages complexity – Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
Primary Responsibilities for Regional Director Facility Management:
- Collaborate with Leadership and Operations to implement and maintain a brand standard for American House communities.
- Adhere to standards of performance and quality expectations with a clear focus on residence care and experience.
- Deliver results based on a series of metrics and key performance indicators to measure performance of the portfolio and ensure high quality/low cost service delivery.
- Manage and hold Maintenance Directors accountable to a program of community assessments to measure the effectiveness of maintenance programs and proactively identify areas for improvement and investment.
- Lead and develop team of maintenance staff to be ready for growth, internal promotions, and new opportunities.
- Collaborate with VP Facility Management in the planning and implementation of major capital project execution and new community development.
- Assist with the development and management of annual capital plans that prioritize investment in support of corporate goals, minimization of total cost of ownership, and maximization of resident experience.
- Coordinates with VP Facility Management and VP Procurement for the engagement of external vendors and contractors working in buildings, establishing expectations of proper workmanship and ensuring adherence to contracts.
- Leads maintenance team, and acts as key member of operations leadership team, in Disaster Prevention and Recovery, Resident Safety, and Regulatory Compliance efforts.